Sr. User Interface Designer
Increase the speed of the security analyst through design
CybernetIQ is looking for a Senior User Interface Designer to join us for a full-time position.
The ideal candidate is an independent worker who has a strong attention to detail. This role reports directly to the Product Manager.
As a Sr. UI Designer at CybernetIQ, you will be responsible for designing web application interfaces for cybersecurity based on feedback from customers and internal subject matter experts. CLAW is a next generation cyber security tool whose goal is to empower analysts to make better use of their aggregated data and machine learning outputs. A successful candidate will create user interfaces that can be quantitatively shown to improve analyst speed to conduct defined cybersecurity tasks.
What you are responsible for:
- Understand platform & service offering to create cybersecurity workflows in partnership with Subject Matter Experts
- Perform product evaluations to surface workflow inconsistencies or potential optimizations
- Find creative ways to solve problems through UI/UX solutions
- Interact closely with interface stakeholders internal and external to the business
- Rapidly develop and iterate wireframes and prototypes focused on customer needs
- Present recommended updates aligning to web based proven practices
- Conduct concept and usability testing to gather feedback
- Contribute to persona profiles through user research and market validation
- Define the interaction model and create metrics to evaluate its success
- Work with development team to implement your attractive and high user engagement UI designs
- Keep up-to-date with competitor products and industry trends
Your Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Proven 5+ years experience as a UI Designer demonstrated in a strong portfolio of design projects
- Ability to illustrate experiences for highly interactive desktop web applications
- Background in project management and persona research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in workflow design software
- Independent problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and interview skills
- Ability to influence with or without authority
It is a bonus if you have:
- Post-secondary education studying design and applying it to web application or SaaS products
- Experience measuring user engagement and satisfaction with a web application
- Any knowledge of cybersecurity threat hunting
CybernetIQ values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin.
CybernetIQ is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise CybernetIQ in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.